Sunday, January 19, 2014

a reflection

Several weeks ago when I dropped JP off at his children's program at church, I noticed his leader sat down and began talking with him.  As I was walking out of the building, I actually thought to myself,  " Oh no!  I hope he doesn't say anything to her that would embarrass me!" 


If you are a parent, I am sure you can relate.  JP is a reflection on me.  I spend so much time teaching him right from wrong.  In our home, everyone does their best to stress the importance of kindness, obedience, respectfulness, and above all else, LOVE!  Now, I have not written these things down for him.  I talk so often on the subject, my prayer is that my words will somehow stick in their little minds.


I wonder if Jesus cringes when he sees me sitting down and talking with certain people.  As His child, my life and my words are a reflection on Him.  He has spent countless hours teaching me the importance of kindness, grace, self-control, obedience and, above all else, LOVE.  And unlike me,  He DID write it down!  In fact, he left behind an entire manual.  All we have to do is pick up our copy of God's Word and begin reading.  The Bible is called the Living Word for a reason.  Our Creator comes to life in each chapter.  If you listen carefully, you can hear His voice on every page. 




As it turns out, JP (thankfully) did not embarrass me that day.  I was, once again, very proud of him.  I want my Father to be able to say the same thing about me.




When He looks at his reflection creation, I want Him to be proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment