Wednesday, January 8, 2014

verses & some bulleted thoughts

I realize that it's only Wednesday, but this has been a very frustrating week.  For starters, it has been FREEZING COLD here in South Carolina and we have not had heat for two days.  Brrr.  Honestly, at night it has not been too bad.  We've all doubled (and tripled) up with blankets on our beds.  Waking up each morning has been a different story.  Thankfully someone is supposed to swing by tonight to fix the issue, or at least let us know WHAT the issue is so that we can work towards fixing it.  I do believe it is "warming" up.  And by warming up I mean, it's not going to be EIGHT DEGREES outside tonight.  Thank God!  Literally.  Due to the weather and a few other stressors in and around my world, my mind feels so boggled.  It's not been easy putting my thoughts together.  Hence why I have not written anything too profound for you to read! LOL.  I haven't felt well either.  Resting is rarely an option in my household, so I guess you could say, I am pretty much a wreck.  Oh well, that happens from time to time, right?!  No shame here!  I figure, as long as you can write about it and laugh about it, IT'S ALL GOOD. 


It's always funny to me how God works.  I am reading several different devotionals right now, and although the stories in them are completely different, there is definitely a recurring theme.  Strength.  This seems to be a message God is really wanting me to hear at this time in my life.  (Can't imagine why).  Yesterday I read a passage entitled,  The Joy of the Lord.  The scripture was taken from Nehemiah 8:10:

 "Be not grieved and depressed, for the joy of the Lord is your strength."  


 In other words, STOP WORRYING ABOUT EVERYTHING!  Jesus is my strength.  He's got this!

Today, the verse was from Isaiah 26:3-4:


 "You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts you.  Trust in the Lord forever, for in the Lord, is everlasting strength." 

 In other words, I need to keep my mind on Jesus rather than the circumstances that are continuously unfolding around me.  I feel weak because I am weak.  Thankfully, God doesn't expect me to be responsible for the world around me.  That's HIS job.  I just have to move out of His way. 


Now, on to my random bulleted thoughts.  I have not planned these out.  I am hoping by spitting them out onto this page, it will clear my mind!
  • I am so proud of JP and how he is reading
  • It REALLY bothers me that I cannot turn left onto the ramp towards Greenville off of Pelham Road at the bridge.  That happened to me today and I was very frustrated.  I didn't want to drive all the way BACK down Pelham road.
  • I still cannot upload pictures onto the blog and I am getting really angry over it.  Please be patient with me!
  • I am only teaching half a day tomorrow (in the morning) and I am already dreading having to wake up and get dressed.  I think I am spoiled.
  • I am looking forward to a much needed girl's night out this Friday
  • JP is getting fitted this weekend for a tuxedo to be in his dad's wedding.  I won't get to see him in the wedding, but I cannot wait to see pictures of him all dressed up.
Okay.  I am distracted.  JP is begging for dinner -- the nerve!  Can he not see that I am BLOGGING?!!  LOL 


Have a great night, friends!  Stay warm.  Since it is so late in the day, my next post, (in case you're beside yourself with wonder), will be on Friday.













No comments:

Post a Comment