Monday, January 6, 2014

back to the daily grind

Well, the break is over.  I have mixed emotions, today anyway.  I would be lying if I told you I wasn't very just a little excited about having time to myself during the week days.  However, I am NOT looking forward to beginning classes again.  At least I have another week to get myself psyched up.  This semester I will be in class on Tuesday and Thursday nights.  I will have one lecture and one lab.  Prayers would be appreciated!

I found a new Picture collage app for my iPad.  If you have an iPad or any smart device and enjoy taking pictures like I do, you MUST download this app.  It's so much fun (and addictive!).  Click on the following link and see for yourself!  PHOTO COLLAGE CREATOR   Here are two of the (many) collages I have made over the past twenty four hours:



Cute, right?!  You can insert typed text AND draw/color on the photos.  And naturally, my favorite part is that it's FREE.  Let me know what you think, if you try it!


Preston's guitar FINALLY arrived.  He is in heaven!  He is obsessed with our pastor, Mike, because he plays his guitar in church.  So, our goal is for Preston to get "on stage" with Mike and play/sing a song together.  Can you imagine how precious this will be?  This event will definitely warrant a video, rather than pictures on this site.... wait for it! 



Friday, JP and I went to lunch with Jamie and Natalie at Carolina Ale on Woodruff road.  Don't judge -- I truly cannot seem to get enough of that place.  I prefer the downtown location, but the food is YUMMY-licious at both locations!  If you've not experienced what Carolina Ale has to offer, here is a link to their website.  CAROLINA ALE HOUSE.

The only other topic streaming through my mind this morning is my disgust with the Flippies hat.


JP was so excited about this gift he received for Christmas.  You squeeze the end of the part of the hat that hangs down over your ears, and the ears (at the top of the hat) flip up and down.  Apparently, it's a really big deal in the world of 4 to 7 year olds.  While I agree that they are cute, like the STOMPIE bedroom slippers, the hat only works for, maybe, two days. And that is if you are fortunate enough to purchase one the every child in America has not had their little hands on "testing" it out. 

I am very disappointed.  These little items of "joy" are not inexpensive.  In my not so expert opinion, I would save yourself time, money and a load of disappointment with this gift. 

That's all for today, loves.  HAPPY MONDAY, and enjoy your first day of a brand new work week!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment