Wednesday, January 1, 2014

wizard of oz, christmas catch up - part two, and our day





Last night we went to the Peace Center to see the Wizard of Oz.  It has always been one of JP's favorite movies.  For Christmas, Gaga (Scott's mother) bought tickets for us.  I have to say, it was AMAZING!  One of my favorite things was, it stayed true to the movie.  The acting was phenomenal, the music was superb, and the humor left me with an aching side.  JP was mesmerized.  It was his first play/musical, so I wasn't sure what he would think.  His eyes were as round as saucers the entire three hours.  He clapped so passionately after each scene.  It was thrilling to watch.  I have seen a variety of shows at the Peace Center -- the Sound of Music and Phantom of the Opera are the only two musicals/operas I have had the pleasure of attending.  This performance of the Wizard of Oz was better than BOTH, in my opinion.  And that is saying a LOT, because I loved the other ones too.

Now, it's my understanding that I have to see WICKED next! 

A few pictures from Christmas morning:

 One of JP's FAVORITE gifts from Santa was his Furby Boom!

Preston got his iPad!
 

...and his "real" bicycle. 
 
 
This is what Santa dropped off, along with a stocking full of surprises, at our house.  He also made a "drop" at Scott's parent's house.  I do not have those pictures.  I can tell you, though, that he was one happy little boy!
 
 
Originally, my friend Kerri and I were supposed to take our boys to Dollywood today -- unfortunately the park didn't open until 2:00 in the afternoon, so we decided not to make the drive.  UGH.  We were both disappointed, but we spent a nice day downtown.  We walked around and let the boys play after enjoying a GREAT meal at Carolina Ale House (my favorite!). 
 

 Her oldest son, Samuel, was not able to join us...we missed him!


 
I hope that everyone had a wonderful first day of the New Year! 
 
Until next time...
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment