Wednesday, January 29, 2014

snow day












I apologize for the quality of these photos.  As you can (probably) see, I took them on my iPad and THEN took a picture of the iPad with my phone.  Sad, I know.  But otherwise, I am not able to share pictures with you at all.  I won't go into how frustrated I am with Blogger - been there, done that. 


Well, South Carolina is experiencing their version of a  "blizzard" at this very moment!  My sister and I took the boys out in the yard yesterday afternoon to play.  It was fun for them.  We were probably out twenty minutes when Preston began to cry because his "hands hurt."  That's when we decided to come inside.  Sure enough, his little digits were blood red.  Poor baby!  And we have been inside since that time.  I am beginning to get restless.  I know JP is -- my boy had the flu last week and has been stuck in the house for a solid WEEK.  I have no idea what the school system will decide to do about school tomorrow, but I know one second grader who will be VERY HAPPY to go back! 

I am SUPER bummed about the website issue.  I had already written three posts - pictures included - to share with you guys.  When I cancelled my account, they were lost.  I did get my money back, thank goodness.  I am going to spend a little time this week trying to find another host to use.  Maybe by the end of the week I will have another site.  We'll see.

We do not have much going on around here.  I am spending most of my "free" time studying.  My anatomy class is EXTREMELY difficult.  I have also been working to build a portfolio of photographs and articles to submit to local Greenville and South Carolina magazines and/or papers.  I am excited about that.  I plan to have the name of a publisher to send an inquiry letter to about my children's book.  It's ridiculous that the complete manuscript is just SITTING in my laptop bag! Although I am studying to be a therapist and I enjoy the health science field, my absolute FAVORITE thing to do (obviously) is write and take pictures.  Maybe one day I will be fortunate enough to support myself and JP on that money alone.  Fingers crossed! 

Preston is beckoning me -- it's time to cut with scissors/paint/color and glue!  HAPPY SNOW DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment