Tuesday, January 14, 2014

my little corner of the house

*EDITED TO ADD:  I wrote this post about a week ago -- I couldn't decide when I wanted to throw it on the site.  I thought today would be a good time since I am not able to upload pictures and quotes*






When JP and I moved into my parent's house last year, I had to condense my stuff immensely.  Have you tried moving an entire house into two bedrooms?  It's NOT easy.  I have to say, though, it was nice getting rid of junk that I didn't need.  While I certainly would rather have my own home, I have tried to create a little space for myself that feels like "home." 

I am thinking of ways that I can redecorate.  I think that I will keep the colors of my room.  They are brown and blue.  I would love to have sort of a "beachy" feel, but we'll have to see how that goes.  Here are a few pics of my room as it is now.  If I get the energy to redecorate, I will keep you up to date with the progress and "after" pictures.









I kept my bed from my old house.  And I do like my comforter.  I will definitely leave the white.  My best friend made this pillow cover for me to match my "Live, Laugh, Love" blanket that I have.  I just need a pillow to put in it!


This is the Thomas Kincaid painting that hangs above my recliner.  This is probably one of the most meaningful gifts I have ever received.  When Kathi and I traveled to Guatemala in 2007 to get JP, my missionary friends took us shopping for a day in Antigua.  It is such a beautiful, historical town.  I have a picture of me, Kathi and (baby) JP in front of this very building.  Well, apparently, Thomas Kincaid thought a lot of the site as well.  Kathi and her husband, Dave, found this painting and had it shipped here for my birthday last year.  So special.


Speaking of Guatemala... here is the Guatemalan flag and the letters of JP's name that I bought in Antigua.  When JP was a baby, I had this flag framed and it hung on the wall above his changing table.  The frame broke and I never replaced it.  That is definitely something I plan to do.

 
I currently have a rocking chair in the corner of my room that serves as a hat and bag rack.  Nice, huh?!  I will soon be replacing the chair with a desk and chair.  I NEVER sit in the rocking chair and I need a space to write and do homework. 

I take lots and lots of pictures.  I have pictures of friends and family all over my room.




 I also LOVE inspiration/encouraging quotes and saying...




I am so blessed to have children in my life who mean the world to me.  I need a bulletin board, but for now, I have pictures they have made/colored on my wall.  LOVE each of them.



And no room of mine would be complete without a little bit of the beach in it!


So now you know where I spend the majority of my time.  Happy Tuesday, everyone!!


Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. I love your wall color! And I also love white comforters . . . so classic and clean.

    ReplyDelete