Sunday, December 15, 2013

a quote from Sullivans Island

I just finished reading, "Return to Sullivans Island"  by Dorothea Benton Frank.  It was great!  Just like the first one.  As I was reading the final chapter Friday night, this quote jumped off the page at me:
 
 
"If I didn't learn anything this summer, I learned this.  When the world's like this, I mean the economy and all, it doesn't take money to make you rich.  It takes purpose.  You have to know who you are and go do what you're suppose to be doing.  You only learn that -- I mean really learn that -- from people who love you.  Your family shapes you when you're really young and then holds you together when trouble comes along."
 
 
I've learned this very thing. 


For those of you who are new to my blog, I have THE MOST amazing and supportive family.  I also have been blessed with friends who are like family.  And it is true... your family and friends really do help to "shape you" and they are the ones who "hold you together" when things fall apart.  Granted, there are a handful who have shocked me by their absence.  Others have surprised me with their sudden disappearance.  While these have certainly been hurtful, I am overwhelmed daily by the love and support I receive from those who truly love and care for me.  God is faithful and good.  I am blessed. 

I sat down to read my devotion this morning and this is what it said: 

"Christ living in us will enable us to live above our circumstances, however painful they are.  Perhaps you who read these words find yourself almost crushed by the circumstances you are now facing.  You wonder how much more you can stand.  But don't despair!  God's grace is sufficient for you and will enable you to rise above your trials.  Let this be your confidence:  ' Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?  Shall trouble or hardship....  NO!  In all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. '  Romans 8:35-37"

I am learning my purpose and I am working to fulfill it.  I am "more than a conqueror"  because of Christ and His love for me!

Happy Monday, friends.


Until next time...





No comments:

Post a Comment