Wednesday, December 18, 2013

tuesday & then some

Today was a good day, but I am really glad that it's over.  I taught a second grade class yesterday and today.  Both classes were really good, but I am not accustomed to being on my feet all day long.  I have been SO tired in the evenings.  I won't complain though!  I have enjoyed myself.  Both days I was at my old school.  It is always so much fun to see my friends there!  I came home with a stack of pictures and notes that my students made me.  One was a picture of a rainbow.  It said, "Welcome to our school Ms. B and you are pretty."  Simple?  Yes.  Powerful?  You know it!  Especially when your self esteem is bruised.

Believe it or not, our house has been pretty peaceful and relaxing this afternoon/evening.  Both boys are currently obsessed with cutting with scissors. 



In fact, our mantle is covered in holiday crafts!


I wouldn't trade our decorations for anything in the world!

The boys took such a great picture together in front of the tree, I attempted to take one of the three of us... it didn't turn out as well! LOL.



I am excited about a few up and coming EVENTS I have planned!  Monday, my best friend Kerri, and I are taking all of the boys to Fountain Inn -- apparently the whole little town is lit up for Christmas.  I will have to take lots of pictures.  Neither of us have been before, but Kerri heard that it was worth the drive.  I will definitely let  you know.

Saturday,  JP and I are heading to Charleston.  The weather is supposed to be really nice.  74 degrees and mostly sunny.  Hopefully it will work out this week.  I was supposed to go last weekend, but the weather was yucky.  I plan on buying a Subway sub and picnic-ing  in the swings downtown on the water.  And then, of course, we'll make our way to the beach!  I haven't decided if we'll hit Folly Beach, or drive to Sullivans Island.  What I do know is, I will have a ton of pictures to share with you!

Our Christmas plans have changed somewhat.  We no longer have plans on Christmas Eve.  That will feel a little strange.  For as long as I can remember, we've celebrated Christmas Eve with my mom's side of the family.  This year, we've changed our meal to the day after Christmas.  Both of my cousins married nurses -- we are working around their schedules, which is fine.  They are worth it!!

The only other big thing I have planned is on New Years day.  Kerri, Kathi and I are taking all the kiddos to Dollywood.  I am really looking forward to that.

I guess that's it for now.  I hope that everyone has an amazing HUMP day!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment